Subject: links 0.1.4

From: Peter Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 08:54:06 -0600

Hi all,

I am happy to announce the release of links 0.1.4.

https://git.code.netlandish.com/~netlandish/links/refs/0.1.4

If anyone is running this and wants to remove the existing sanitization 
on the scraped URL metadata you can compile and run the following 
script:

https://paste.sr.ht/~petersanchez/95f653a54e7ad896472e26950bd88446cda974e1

Just make a `cmd/cleanup` directory and place that file in there. Then 
compile and run it:

$ go build -o cmd/cleanup/main.go
$ ./cleanup

Once done you can delete the `cleanup` binary and `cmd/cleanup` 
direcotry.

This is not required but it will correct the display of any characters 
that shouldn't have been sanitized the way they were during data 
collection.

Release highlights:

# Closed Tickets

- [#93: Sanitize fetched titles and meta descriptions](https://todo.code.netlandish.com/~netlandish/links/93)

# Changed dependencies for downstream packagers

none

Thanks to all contributors!

~$ contrib/git-stats.sh 0.1.3..0.1.4

Author         Commits  Changed Files  Insertions  Deletions
Peter Sanchez        2              6         +18        -14