Message ID
<743b6957-f70b-4bc8-bd8c-e974a87a85c8@app.fastmail.com>
DKIM signature
missing
Hi,

I read with great interest you post https://petersanchez.com/easily-host-go-modules-on-your-domain/
I had a similar struggle myself and also re-invented the wheel: https://log.pfad.fr/2024/vanitydoc-reloaded/

Vanitydoc (https://code.pfad.fr/vanitydoc/) has a couple of differences with GoHome:
- it generates static HTML (and gemtext) files
- it generates the documentation (as well as a link to the forge)

I took a look at your work and just added support for Mercurial repos hosted with sourcehut software.

Anyway vanitydoc solves the problem differently (and lacks link to issues, discussions and homepage) but I thought that you might be interested to learn about it (maybe you could re-use the autodiscovery package to allow godocs.io to link to your files: https://code.pfad.fr/vanitydoc/autodiscovery/#VCS.MetaTags )

Best regards

Olivier
~oliverpool
Details
Message ID
<sh254mn7vaweya3vdwsjpfmywf6oz2qylblbfrwizzcwcpku5h@avfyc7fclepv>
In-Reply-To
<743b6957-f70b-4bc8-bd8c-e974a87a85c8@app.fastmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
Hi Oliver,

On 02/01, Olivier C wrote:
>Vanitydoc (https://code.pfad.fr/vanitydoc/) has a couple of differences with GoHome:
>- it generates static HTML (and gemtext) files
>- it generates the documentation (as well as a link to the forge)

I do like that concept. Pretty neat. I also thought about auto linking
to godocs.io or even the official Go docs server automatically. Your
method is a cool idea though.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe if I ever get the urge I'll add the same
functionality.

Peter
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)